Chou Ching is a Partner in the Dentons Rodyk Real Estate group.
Chou Ching represents both corporate and individual clients in a broad range of real estate matters, with special focus on collective sales and acquisition of collective sale sites by developers and has acted for some of these developers in the sale of units in the redeveloped sites. She represents banks in the financing of such acquisitions.
She has particular skills in negotiating and advising on agreements between the vendors of collective sale sites and developers. In this regard, she has acted for many of the developers in Singapore, as well as foreign funds, in their acquisitions of real estate in Singapore.
Chou Ching assisted in the successful completion of Farrer Court, which is the largest collective sale in Singapore to date (both in terms of the collective sale price and number of units in the development). She assisted in the acquisition by a foreign fund of all 46 units in a residential development.
- Confidential client: Acting for a related company of Tong Eng Brothers Pte Ltd in its collective purchase of the 26-unit Cai Garden, a residential development at Foo Kim Lin Road, for S$43 million. The collective sale was made by private treaty with the agreement of all owners.
- Investor consortium: Acting for the purchasers, a consortium of investors led by niche property developer Roxy-Pacific Holdings and including Macly Capital, Pinnacle Assets, Fission Holdings and architect Chee Hsian Sing, in the acquisition of Marina House (a 21-storey office block) located in Shenton Way from the Hong Leong Group for S$148 million. Each party will have a 20 percent share in the purchase. Marina House has an 8.4 plot ratio and will be converted to a 42-storey residential development and involve the topping up of the leasehold interest.
- Indonesian company: Acting for an Indonesian related company in the completion of the sale of a strata-titled commercial building for S$27 million to the government of Kuwait. The sale contract was only signed in late December 2008 after more than six months of negotiations and in the midst of falling market prices, with a two-week completion period. There were unique issues, such as approvals from the Foreign Ministries of the respective countries, encroachments, and approvals from the Land Transport Authority, which made for a challenging transaction.
- WNS (Holdings) Limited: Acting for a leading provider of global BPO (business outsourcing process) services, in its transaction with Aviva, the world's fifth-largest insurance group with US$95 billion revenue in 2007. The transaction comprised a share sale and purchase agreement, backed by a master services agreement, to acquire Aviva's offshore BPO operations. The total purchase consideration paid to Aviva is approximately GBP115 million (US$228 million), subject to adjustments for cash and debt.
- Owners of Westwood Apartments: Acting in the collective sale of the development to YTL group for S$435 million.
- Owners of Farrer Court: Acting in the sale of the 618-unit development to Morganite Pte Ltd, a consortium comprising CapitaLand, Hotel Properties and Wachovia Development Corporation, for S$1.3388 billion.
- Amberville owners: Acting in the first-ever collective sale of old HUDC flats.
- OCBC: Acting in the grant of transferable loan facilities of up to S$480 million to a joint venture vehicle to finance its acquisition and construction of a mixed residential and commercial development on the land adjoining Jurong Point, Singapore.
- United Overseas Bank Limited: Acting in its grant of facilities of up to S$132 million to a joint venture company to finance its acquisition and construction of a mixed residential and commercial development at One North, Singapore.
- Foreign fund: Acting in its acquisition of all 46 units in a residential development on a collective basis.
- Banks: Acting for several banks in reviewing and/or drafting their template documents and security documents.
- Co-author, "Revised Property Loan Rules - Guarantee No More," Property Notes, July 2013
- Co-author, "Withdrawal Of Concession For Deferment Of Payment Of Stamp Duty," Rodyk Reporter - Property Notes, March 2007
- Co-author, "Building Maintenance And Strata Management Act 2004," Rodyk Reporter - Property Notes, June 2005
Activities and Affiliations
- Seminar on Legal Analysis of Property Cooling Measures in Singapore - Tax and Financial Control Measures, May 8, 2014
- Recent Changes To MAS Notice 632 And Implications For Banks & Financial Institutions, May 15, 2013
- Recent Changes To MAS Notice 632 And Implications For Banks & Financial Institutions, April 29, 2013
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2002 - present