Chan Chin Ling is a Partner in Dentons Rodyk's Litigation and Dispute Resolution and Arbitration practice groups.
Chin Ling's main area of practice is motor insurance litigation.
Chin Ling handles both property and personal injury motor claims on behalf of major insurance companies. He appears regularly in the Singapore courts and mediation sessions. He also advises insurance companies on the settlement of claims, policy conditions issues, subrogation issues and other contractual issues relating to such claims in general.
In addition to motor insurance litigation, Chin Ling has also handled various other civil litigation matters including construction, collective sale, work injury, matrimonial, probate and administration matters, as well as criminal matters.
- Major insurers: Representing in taking conduct of the various motor insurance claims made against the insurers in the Singapore courts and/or successfully negotiating settlements for claims.
- Insurers: Advising and litigating on behalf of the insurers' policy conditions issues, including breach of policy conditions and repudiation of liability issues.
- Insurance companies: Advising on subrogated claim matters and other related contractual issues.
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2011 - present
- Tan Lian Ker & Co., 1992 - 2011