Elaine Lew is a Partner in Dentons Rodyk's Intellectual Property & Technology practice group.
Her practice ranges from intellectual property protection, prosecution and enforcement to general counseling on the acquisition, management, exploitation and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
Elaine has particular skills and knowledge in providing advice on trademark applications (both local and worldwide), prosecutions, oppositions and post-registration matters. Her experience extends to providing advice on the selection and registrability of trademarks, trademark infringement, as well as intellectual property assignment and licensing.
She advises on issues of confidential information and trade secrets. Elaine drafts and reviews franchising agreements, distribution agreements, sponsorship agreements, trademark co-existence agreements, software development and support agreements, agreements for Internet usage and electronic commerce transactions across a wide range of industries.
- Confidential client: Assisting a multinational company in the sale and licensing of the intellectual property of its group of companies and in negotiating product supply agreements ahead of a product launch by an affiliated company overseas.
- Confidential client: Acting for an original design manufacturer of mobile telecommunications devices in the negotiation of a manufacturing agreement for mobile phones overseas.
- Confidential client: Acting for a franchisee of a foreign fashion label in the review of a franchise agreement.
- Confidential client: Acting for statutory boards and charitable organizations in the preparation of tender documents for the supply of a wide variety of goods and services.
- Confidential client: Acting for a local company in defense of its trademark in opposition proceedings and in negotiating a trademark co-existence agreement with the opponent in the same trade.
- Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2013: Recognized Lawyer.
- Author, "Comparative Advertising - Interim Injunction," IP Edge, October 2015
- Author, "Trade Mark pposition - Bad Faith; Similarity Of Marks," IP Edge, October 2015
- Author, "Trade Mark Infringement - Assessment Of Statutory Damages," IP Edge, October 2015
- Author, "Trade Mark Opposition - Similarity Of Marks," IP Edge, October 2015
- Author, "Copyright (Amendment) Bill Passed," Rodyk Reporter - IP Edge, September 2014
- Author, "Do Not Call Registry: How To Avoid Receiving Telemarketing Messages," IP Edge, December 2013
- Author, "Master Plan To Develop Singapore As A Global IP Hub," IP Edge, July 2013
- Author, "New Mediation Option For Trade Mark Proceedings," IP Edge, July 2012
- Author, "Recent Changes To Intellectual Property Law In Malaysia," IP Edge, July 2012
- Co-author, "Case Law Updates: September 2008," IP Edge, September 2008
- Co-author, "Comparative Advertising - Getting It Right," Rodyk Reporter - IP Edge, September 2008
- Co-author, "Singapore Trade Marks (Amendment) Act 2007: An Overview," Rodyk Reporter - IP Edge, June 2007
Activities and Affiliations
- WDA In-House Legal Seminar, October 29, 2010
- Translating Ideas To Valuable IP, August 25, 2010
- In Focus: Intellectual Property, May 8, 2008
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2000 - present
- CW Lee. Peng. Chia. Philip, 1999 - 2000
- William Lai & Alan Wong, 1999 - 1999