Evelyn Ang is a Senior Partner in Dentons Rodyk's Corporate practice group.
She advises on a broad range of corporate commercial, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions.
In the area of mergers and acquisitions, Evelyn has advised on private and public mergers and acquisitions transactions, public takeovers, corporate restructuring exercises, delistings and also advised on Singapore law aspects of global restructuring exercises, global acquisitions or divestments of businesses.
In the area of corporate finance work, she has advised on rights issues, share placement exercises, private equity and venture capital fundraising exercises.
Evelyn is also experienced in regulatory work, having advised on issues relating to the Competition Act, Securities and Futures Act, Banking Act, Insurance Act, and Moneylenders Act, including compliance and licensing issues.
- Unisteel Technology Limited: Advising in relation to the US$585 million acquisition of the shares of Unisteel Technology Limited by way of a section 210 Scheme of Arrangement.
- Golden Agri-Resources Limited: Advising in relation to the acquisition of Florentina International Holdings Limited (PRC food business) from Asia Food & Properties Limited for a cash consideration of US$142.838 million.
- Golden Agri-Resources Limited from Asia Food and Properties Limited: Advising in relation to the S$806 million demerger.
- Asia Food and Properties Limited: Advising in relation to the acquisition of a 42.5 percent effective interest in the shares of project companies developing a piece of land of approximately 3,000 hectares in the Bekasi Regency (near Jakarta, Indonesia). Total value of transaction is US$268 million.
- Tat Seng Packaging Limited: Advising in relation to the mandatory unconditional cash offer by PSC Corporation Limited.
- Nidec Corporation: Advising in relation to its voluntary offer for Brilliant Manufacturing Ltd.
- Sino-Fortune Union Investment Limited: Advising in relation to its mandatory unconditional cash offer for Radiance Electronics Limited.
- SM Summit Holdings: Advising in relation to the mandatory conditional cash offer by Thinkpac Limited.
- Solectron Corporation: Advising in relation to the S$3.5 billion takeover of Natsteel Electronics Ltd.
- Avimo Group Ltd: Advising in relation to a mandatory takeover offer by Thomson-CSF (renamed Thales S.A.) and subsequent de-listing of the Avimo Group.
- Morgan Stanley: Advising the independent financial adviser in relation to the proposed disposal by Great Eastern Holdings Limited of its shares in the share capital of Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited (OCBC) pursuant to a selective capital reduction exercise to be undertaken by OCBC.
- Credit Suisse First Boston (Singapore) Limited: Advising the financial advisor in the undocumented offering and global placement of 236 million shares of S$1.00 each in the capital of Neptune Orient Lines Limited, which raised US$308 million.
- Golden Agri-Resources Ltd: Advising issuer in relation to an underwritten renounceable rights issue which raised approximately S$311.1 million. The rights issue was managed and underwritten by BNP Paribas, Singapore Branch, Credit Suisse (Singapore) Limited and UBS AG, acting through its business division, UBS Investment Bank.
- Spice i2i Limited (formerly known as MediaRing Limited): Advising in relation to an underwritten renounceable rights issue which raised approximately S$133 million. DBS Bank was the manager and underwriter of the rights issue.
- Huntsman: Advising in relation to the Singapore law aspects of its global acquisition of Ciba's textile effects business in Singapore.
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Recommended lawyer for Corporate and M&A, 2014
Activities and Affiliations
- Vice Chairman, Inter Pacific Bar Association, Cross-Border Investments Sub-Committee
- Enhancing Deal Certainty in Cross Border Investments, May 7, 2015
- Shareholder Activism and Corporate Governance, April 19, 2013
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association 23rd Annual Meeting and Conference, April 18, 2013
- Mergers & Acquisitions - A Southeast Asian Perspective, February 1, 2011
- IBA Forum - Regional Acquisition, Merger & Investment Developments: Sector-Specific Issues & Opportunities In Asia Today, November 18, 2010
- Member, Inter-Pacific Bar Association
Prior and Present Employment
- Senior Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2010 - present
- Shook Lin & Bok LLP, 2000 - 2010
- Allen & Gledhill, 1999 - 2000
- Arfat Selvam & Gunasingham, 1998 - 1999