Hui Min is a partner in Litigation and Dispute Resolution and Arbitration practices. She is effectively bilingual in English and Chinese, and her main areas of practice encompass commercial litigation, corporate and investment disputes litigation, insolvency cases and employment disputes. She represents and advises companies and individuals on a wide array of commercial issues including commodities disputes, international sale of goods, directors' duties, and shareholders' disputes.
In her practice, Hui Min has represented companies on contractual disputes in the oil and gas industry as well as in the commodities industry where she has dealt with issues ranging from breach of warranty to claims under guarantees. Hui Min has also acted for companies in international arbitrations with respect to claims associated with international trade including commodities disputes.
Hui Min has also acted for a variety of clients in employment matters, and possesses particular expertise in the area of confidentiality and restrictive covenants.
In her insolvency practice, Hui Min has advised and acted for shareholders of companies where she has dealt with issues which include directors' breach of fiduciary duties and deadlock between directors leading to a winding up of companies.
- Woodcliff Assets Ltd: Acting in the High Court in disputes involving the directors and other shareholders of the My Foot group of companies. The applicability of the Rules of Court to winding up proceedings converted into writ actions was considered for the first time.
- A Las Vegas casino (Caesar's Palace): Representing in enforcing a US court order for a Singaporean gambler to repay his gambling debt of S$6.3 million. This landmark ruling by the Singapore High Court may have an impact on whether Singapore's future casinos can recover debts from foreigners.
- Co-Author, "Revisiting The 'Best Endeavours' And The 'All Reasonable Endeavours' Clauses", Rodyk Reporter - Litigation Brief, June 2013
- Author, Contributor, Singapore Chapter, Product Liability in the Asia-Pacific, Chapter 17 3rd ed. (Australia: The Federation Press, 2009)
- Co-Author, "Landmark High Court Ruling On US Judgment Against Singapore Gambler", Rodyk Reporter - Litigation Brief, December 2008
Activities and Affiliations
- International Futures Dispute Resolution - A Singapore Perspective, June 25, 2014
- Seminar on International Arbitration in Singapore, May 29, 2014
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) (2006 - present)