Janet Tan is a partner in our Corporate practice. Janet has spent more than 20 years focusing on capital markets and China corporate work. She has extensive experience in advising on equity markets transactions, namely stock market flotation, equity offerings and secondary share issues including right issues, bonus issues and private placements. She also provides post-listed legal services to companies listed on the Official List of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (SGX-ST) and the Catalist Board of the SGX-ST (Catalist).
Janet also focuses on general corporate and regulatory compliance matters, which usually involves listed issuers. She is also experienced in advising on mergers and acquisitions, takeovers and warrant issues.
- Debao Property Development Limited, a PRC-based property developer: Advising in its initial public offering on the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange of 138 million new ordinary shares, raising a net proceeds of approximately S$48 million.
- Chew's Group Limited, one of the leading producers of fresh eggs in Singapore: Advising in its initial public offering on Catalist of 12,790,000 new ordinary shares, raising a net proceeds of approximately S$2 million.
- UOB Asia Limited, the issue manager and the underwriter: Advising on its listing of Marco Polo Marine Ltd, a Singapore-based integrated shipping group primarily engaged in the ship chartering and shipyard businesses, on the then SESDAQ. The initial public offering raised proceeds of more than S$13 million.
- Singapore Exchange Catalist-listed China Healthcare Limited: Advising on its voluntary delisting from Catalist.
- Aspial Corporation Limited: Advising on its renounceable non-underwritten rights issue of 62,651,303 new shares at an issue price of S$0.38 for each rights share and on the basis of one rights share for every 25 existing ordinary shares in the capital of the company held by the shareholders of the company.
- Hai Leck Holdings Limited: Advising on its renounceable non-underwritten rights issue of 108,333,333 warrants, based on the existing issued share capital of the company of 325 million ordinary shares, each warrant carrying the right to subscribe for one new ordinary share in the capital of the company on the basis of one warrant for every three existing shares held by shareholders of the company.
- Soup Restaurant Group Limited: Advising a company listed on the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange in its disposal of its entire 50.98 percent equity interests in Y.E.S F&B Group Pte Ltd.
- Asia Pacific Legal 500: Recommended Lawyer for Capital Markets, 2015
Activities and Affiliations
- Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2013–present
- JE Legal LLC (in association with Eversheds LLP),2011–2013
- Shook Lin & Bok LLP, 1995–2011
- Helen Yeo & Partners, 1993–1994