Jeannette Lim is a Partner in Dentons Rodyk's Real Estate practice group.
Jeannette's experience encompasses real estate acquisitions and divestments, real estate financing, en bloc purchase of strata titled developments, property developments and landlord and tenant transactions.
She acts for institutional clients which includes listed real estate developers, multinational corporations, property funds, asset managers and real estate investment trusts on real estate acquisitions, financing, development, leasing and divestment transactions. Jeannette has also acted in various real estate transactions, whether they are by sale of land or by sale of shares in the holding company owning the real estate.
She has acted for major developers and property stakeholders in:
- the sale of units in mixed developments, residential developments (landed, cluster landed and strata housing developments) and commercial developments;
- the sale of entire buildings (retail malls, commercial and industrial buildings); and
- the acquisition of land sites for development or redevelopment, whether through the government land sales programmes or collective sales under the Land Titles (Strata) Act.
Jeannette has in recent times, acted for real estate developers in various executive condominium projects such as Heron Bay, Watercolours, Esparina Residences, 1 Canberra, Twin Fountains, The Terrace, The Topiary, and Waterwoods.
- Confidential client: Acting for a property developer in its conversion from a foreign company to a Singapore company and its application to the Land Dealings (Approval) Unit for a Clearance Certificate and for the cancellation of the terms of the Qualifying Certificate.
- LOGOS Property and Ivanhoé Cambridge: Acting for the acquisition of an interest in several entities holding industrial real estate assets together with leaseback arrangements and multi-tenanted assets subject to head lessor consent.
- FCL Topaz Pte Ltd, Sekisui House Ltd and KH Capital Pte Ltd: Acting for the acquisition of a plot of URA land worth S$624 million at Siglap Road. The site spans about 19,309.6 square metres with a maximum permissible gross floor area of 67,584 square metres. The consortium is expected to build 800 to 900 units on the site. The quantum involved is expected to be nearly S$1 billion if development costs are included.
- LaSalle Investment fund: Acting for vendor fund (managed by LaSalle Investment Management) in a corporate real estate transaction for the bulk sale of 16 apartments at 111 Emerald Hill (a 40 unit freehold project developed by the LaSalle group) for a confidential sum, to a buyer consortium.
- Serangoon EC Pte Ltd (SEPL): Acting for the developer in the launch of the 394-unit Heron Bay, an executive condominium housing project located in Upper Serangoon Road, between Serangoon River and Punggol Park. Rodyk [now Dentons Rodyk] had previously acted in the acquisition of the land for S$141 million, in a bidding exercise which saw seven bidders. SEPL is a joint venture between CNH Investment Pte Ltd, Evia Real Estate Management Pte Ltd, Ho Lee Group Pte Ltd and See Hup Seng Limited.
- Sing Holdings Limited (SHL): Acting for a public listed company, in its acquisition of a 99-year leasehold residential land at Punggol Field Walk/Punggol East. The successful bid of S$162.1 million was the highest of seven bids submitted. The site has a land area of approximately 14,306.9 sq m with a maximum gross floor area of 42,920.7 sq m. It is projected that the developer will be able to construct some 435 executive condominium units on this site. Coral Edge Development Pte Ltd (CED), which is controlled by SHL, will develop the site for executive condominium housing. Also acting for CED in the project sales.
- Tropical Industrial Building Pte Ltd: Acting in disposal of 14 Little Road, Singapore, a freehold light industrial building off Upper Paya Lebar Road.
- Urban Lofts Pte Ltd: Acting in the acquisition and financing of 1 Surin Avenue and 790 Upper Serangoon Road. Also acted for Urban Lofts Pte Ltd in the acquisition and financing of part of the state land adjoining both sites.
- Ho Lee Group Pte Ltd (Ho Lee) and Evia Real Estate Management Pte Ltd (Evia): Acting inr successful tender for a 99-year leasehold residential land at Upper Serangoon View/Upper Serangoon Road. Ho Lee and Evia had emerged tops, with a bid of more than S$141 million, in a bidding exercise which saw seven bidders. The site has a land area exceeding 133,000 sq ft. Serangoon EC Pte Ltd (SEPL) will develop the site for executive condominium housing. Also acting for SEPL in the project sales.
- White Haven Properties Pte Ltd: Acting for a unit of Singapore-listed City Developments Limited (CDL), in its acquisition of a plot of URA land at Buangkok Drive/Sengkang Central. The successful bid of S$301 million for this 99-year leasehold site was the highest of five bids submitted. The site spans about 18,340 sq m with a maximum gross floor area of 55,023 sq m. It is projected that the developer will be able to construct some 580 dwelling units on the site. Rodyk [now Dentons Rodyk] will also be acting in the project sales.
- Opal Star Pte Ltd: Acting for joint venture partners, a subsidiary of Frasers Centrepoint Limited, and Lum Chang Building Contractors Pte Ltd in their successful bid for a 19,000 sq m executive condominium site in Sengkang. Their bid of S$193.28 million or $315 psf beat 10 others which ranged from S$121.8 million to S$190.7 million. The Sengkang site is near Buangkok MRT station and can be developed into 520 apartments.
- MCC Land (Singapore) Pte Ltd: Acting in its development sale of One Canberra, an executive condominium development comprising 13 blocks of 12/13-storey residential buildings with a total of 665 units in the development.
- Far East Organization (FEO): Acting for the developer in the successful launch of the 319-unit The Greenwich located in Seletar Hills. Prices ranged from S$650,000 to S$1.25 million with the price psf at S$980 on average, a record for the area. 80 of 96 units released for sale during a special preview were snapped up.
- Unilever (Lessee): Acting in its EDB brokered arrangement for AReit to custom build its new corporate campus at One North, the first in Singapore, and to lease the new campus for Unilever's long term use.
- Residenza Pte Ltd: Acting for a consortium of property developers Heeton Holdings, KSH Holdings and contractor TEE International, in its collective purchase of Camay Court for S$30.5 million.
- Huge Development Private Limited: Acting for a joint venture company involving Maxdin Pte Ltd, Ho Lee Group Pte Ltd, GPS Alliance Development & Investment Pte Ltd and Evia Real Estate Pte Ltd, in its acquisition of a plot of HDB land within Pasir Ris Town at Pasir Drive 3/Pasir Ris Link. The successful bid of S$122.2 million for this 99 year leasehold executive condominium site was the highest of 11 bids submitted.
- Ascendas (Tuas) Pte Ltd (Developer/Lessor): Acting in its custom-build-and-lease arrangement with Pratt & Whitney for the latter's new 160,000 sq ft premises at the Seletar Aerospace Park which will house Pratt & Whitney's production, management and various support functions, as well as its business unit Global Services Engineering - Asia.
- Ascendas (Tuas) Pte Ltd (Developer/Lessor): Acting in intensely negotiated custom-build-and-lease arrangement with Standard Chartered Bank for phase 2 of the Bank's expansion plans at the JTC's Changi Business Park. The new facility is a 6-storey block of about 154,000 sq ft and is customised to house the Bank's non-frontline operations.
- Co-author, "Developing Greater Confidence In The Private Residential Property Market", Rodyk Reporter - Property Notes, July 2015
- Co-author, "Executive Condominiums (EC): Special Considerations For Developers", Rodyk Reporter - Property Notes, March 2014
- Co-author, "Changing Rules On Residential Landed Property Developments", Rodyk Reporter - Property Notes, December 2011
Activities and Affiliations
- Singapore Property Seminar - Legal Issues And Market Updates, June 24, 2014
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) (2014 - present)