Jin Sheng's area of practice is in commercial litigation, arbitration, mediation and criminal work.
Jin Sheng has experience in a wide range of commercial cases, with a specific emphasis on construction and engineering cases. Jin Sheng is well versed with the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act and has acted for both employers, owners, main contractors and sub-contractors in adjudication applications. As part of his building and construction practice, Jin Sheng also advises clients regularly in both private and public sector projects, advising on both front end building and construction agreements as well as acting in disputes.
Jin Sheng has also advised clients in insurance-related disputes. He handles matters involving public liability, industrial special risks, contractors' all risks, workers' compensation, and motor insurance policies. Representing both insurers and policyholders, Jin Sheng advises clients on policy-related matters including policy interpretation, coverage, liability, and quantum related issues.
Jin Sheng's experience also includes advising client on shareholders and directors' disputes, international trade disputes, contractual and employment disputes, regulatory offences involving Work Injury Compensation Act, Gas Act, Electricity Act, and cases involving fraud.
- Co-Author, "Discovery Disputes Under The Criminal Case Disclosure Conference Regime - Process And Resolution", Law Gazette, April 2014
- Co-Author, "Service Of Documents By Email In Adjudication", Rodyk Reporter - Litigation Brief, June 2013
- Co-Author, "Of Showflat And Property Advertisements", Rodyk Reporter - Litigation Brief, March 2012
- Co-Author, "When The Sands Run Out", Rodyk Reporter - Litigation Brief, March 2010
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Counsel volunteer, Law Society of Singapore's Criminal Legal Aid Scheme
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) (2009 - present)