Kenneth Cheow is a Partner in the Dentons Rodyk Corporate group.
Kenneth practices mainly in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. He has advised on a broad range of private and public transactions, including acquisitions and divestments, corporate restructuring exercises, joint ventures and equity investments. In the area of corporate finance, Kenneth is deeply experienced in equity capital markets transactions, and has acted for issuers on private placements, rights issues and other fundraising exercises.
He also advises on compliance and corporate governance matters for issuers listed on the Mainboard and Catalist bourse of the Singapore Exchange.
- MYP Ltd: Advising on the S$194 million acquisition of two property investment companies, Grace Shine Pte Ltd and Affreton Pte Ltd, which hold ABI Plaza and 135 Cecil Street, respectively.
- Sapphire Corporation Limited: Advising on the S$70 million sale of Sapphire Mineral Resources (HK) Ltd, Lucky Art Holdings Limited, Prime Empire Ltd and Precise Skill Ltd, representing the divestment of its specialty steel business in China.
- Sapphire Corporation Limited: Advising on the AU$15 million acquisition of Mancala Holdings Pty Ltd, a specialist mining services provider in Australia.
- Confidential client: Advising a Singapore-based energy and environmental solutions provider on its US$14.5 million sale of its air-conditioning distribution and servicing business unit in Indonesia.
- KS Energy Limited: Advising on S$46 million renounceable and underwritten rights issue, managed and underwritten by Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited.
- Viking Offshore and Marine Limited: Advising on the S$16 million fundraising exercise comprising a renounceable and partially underwritten rights cum warrants issue and a private placement.
- Buccaneer Energy Ltd: Advising an oil and gas company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange on its US$20 million placement and loans with investors in Singapore.
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2015 - present
- Stamford Law Corporation, 2009 - 2014