Kenneth Oh is a senior partner in Dentons Rodyk's Corporate practice. He is also a partner in the firm's China Practice and Indonesia practice.
Kenneth has been in legal practice since 1999 and focuses mainly in the areas of corporate finance and mergers & acquisitions, with a focus on equity capital markets transactions involving IPOs and RTOs of Singapore and foreign companies, in particular of China, Taiwan and Indonesia companies and businesses on the Main Board of and Catalist bourse of the Singapore Exchange; as well as secondary capital market issues including secondary listings, secondary post-listing fund raising such as rights issue and placements, and post-listing advisory and compliance.
Kenneth also advises on capital markets licensing and compliance, and on a wide range of general corporate advisory work for both public listed and private companies including private equity investments, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, debt restructuring and franchising.
- United Overseas Bank Limited and CIMB Securities (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.: Advising on the listing on the Catalist bourse of the SGX-ST of Secura Group Limited. The IPO of Secura comprised four million invitation shares by way of public offer and 108 invitation shares by way of placement, together with two free warrants issued for every one invitation share successfully subscribed – making it the first IPO of shares in Singapore to do so.
- E2-Capital Holdings Limited (E2C), a company listed on the Catalist bourse of the SGX-ST: Advising on its acquisition of Astaka Padu Limited and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Astaka Padu Sdn Bhd (the Astaka Group) for approximately S$445 million. The Astaka Group is a property development group that is engaged in property development in the Iskandar region of Johor Bahru, Malaysia. The acquisition resulted in a reverse takeover of E2C.
- TLV Holdings Limited, a company engaged in the business of retail and wholesale of jewellery in both the local and international markets on a wholesale and retail basis: Advising in relation to its listing on the Catalist bourse of the SGX-ST
- GCCP Resources Limited (GCCP), a company engaged in the business of quarrying and processing of limestone: Advising on its listing on the Catalist bourse of the SGX-ST and invitation in respect of the placement of placement shares, comprising new shares and vendor shares. The listing is notable as GCCP holds one of the biggest ground calcium carbonate reserves and resources in Malaysia.
- The majority owners of Wah Loon Engineering Pte Ltd: Advising in relation to their sale of a significant minority stake in the Company to Dymon Asia Private Equity, an arm of Dymon Asia Capital, which manages approximately US$4.5 billion (S$6.1 billion) in assets, for approximately S$40 million.
- United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB): Acting as Solicitor to the Sponsor, Issue Manager and Placement Agent, in the listing of MS Holdings Limited on the Catalist bourse of the SGX-ST and invitation of the placement of approximately 27 million placement shares, comprising 20 million new shares and seven million vendor shares.
- SingAsia Holdings Limited, a company listed on the Growth Enterprise Market of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong: Advising on the Singapore laws for its listing on the Growth Enterprise Market of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. The initial public offering of SIngAsia comprised 6.25 million offer shares by way of public offer and 56.25 million offer shares by way of placement. SingAsia, together with its subsidiaries, is one of the largest player in manpower outsourcing service industry in Singapore. The deal is valued at approximately US$8.06 million.
- Alliance Mineral Assets Limited, a mining company engaged in developing and exploiting the rare metal Tantalum: Advising in relation to its listing on the Catalist bourse of the SGX-ST (IPO) and invitation in respect of the placement of approximately 67.7 million placement shares, comprising approximately 43.5 million new shares and 24 million vendor shares. The IPO was priced at S$0.23 for each placement share and raised proceeds amounting to an aggregate of approximately S$15.56 million. Upon commencement of production, AMA will be one of the few Tantalum producers in Australia
- GSH Corporation Limited, a company listed on the Mainboard of the SGX-ST: Advising in relation to its participation in the acquisition and debt restructuring of Sutera Harbour Resort Sdn Bhd and its group of companies (the Sutera Harbour Group) together TYJ Group Pte Ltd with the injection (collectively with another investor) of an aggregate investment of RM700 million. This proceeded by way of an acquisition by the Company of 77.5% of the Sutera Harbour Group via the injection of RM510 million worth of equity and loan stock into the Sutera Harbour Group, more particularly, the (i) subscription of an aggregate RM250 million worth of new ordinary shares in the capital of the Sutera Harbour Group, and (ii) subscription of an aggregate RM260 million worth of cumulative redeemable preference shares, each bearing a coupon payment rate of 10% per annum on the principal subscription price. The total amount of RM700 million to be injected by all investors, including the Company, will be used for the repayment of the debts of the Sutera Harbour Group. In connection with the Company’s acquisition and debt restructuring efforts of the Sutera Harbour Group, we also acted for the Company in its acquisition of two neighbouring land parcels located in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, by way of the acquisition of 85% and 75% of the issued shares of the respective Malaysian companies holding each plot of the land, namely Mainfield Holdings Ltd and Altheim International Limited.
- Westminster Travel Limited, a company listed on the Catalist bourse of the SGX-ST: Advising on the disposal of the Company’s entire existing business to Corporate Travel Management (UK) Limited and Ever Prestige Investments Limited, for an aggregate consideration of approximately HK$470 million.
- ISDN Holdings Limited, a company listed on the Mainboard of the SGX-ST: Advising on the renounceable non-underwritten rights issue (the Warrants Issue) of up to 179,972,475 warrants (the Warrants) at an issue price of S$0.02 (the Issue Price) for each Warrant. Each Warrant carries the right to subscribe for one (1) new ordinary share in the capital of the Company (the New Shares) at an exercise price of S$0.60 (the Exercise Price), on the basis of one (1) Warranty for every two (2) existing ordinary shares in the capital of the Company (the Shares) as at the books closure date. The gross proceeds from the Warrants Issue, assuming the Warrants are fully subscribe and all Warrants are exercised, is approximately S$111.6 million.
- Communication Design International Limited, a company listed on the Catalist bourse of the SGX-ST: Advising on a proposed share exchange transaction between Communication Design International Limited and the shareholders of Sinocom Pharmaceutical Inc, which would have resulted in a reverse takeover of Communication Design International Limited. The transaction value was estimated to be approximately S$300 million.
- "Clients recommend... equity capital markets specialists... Kenneth Oh." – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2009/2010
- "...Kenneth Oh is admired for his 'quickness of mind and his ability to come up with creative solutions'..." – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2008/2009
- Co-author, "Listing Of Mining Companies On SGX", Rodyk Reporter - Business Bulletin, September 2014
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Complaints Panel (Laypersons), Complaints Committee, Singapore Pharmacy Council
- Independent Director, See Hup Seng Limited (listed on the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange)
- Independent Director, Weiye Holding Limited (listed on the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange and Hong Kong Exchange)
- Independent director, KPM Holding Limited (listed on the Hong Kong Exchange)
- Legal Roadmap to IPO, April/May, 2016
- Panel Discussion on "Directors In Crisis - Direct Or Be Directed", October 3, 2012
- Singapore Inbound M&A Process, Planning & Strategies, April 13, 2011
- Creating Growth For Your Organisation Through Mergers & Acquisitions, October 15, 2009
- Transformational Growth Strategy Using Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) during Downturn, September 24, 2009
- Member, The Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Prior and Present Employment
- Senior Partner - Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) (2010 - present)
- Shook Lin & Bok LLP (1999 - 2010)
- Ramdas & Wong (1999 - 1999)