Marian Ho is a senior partner in the Dentons Rodyk Corporate group. She has broad experience in corporate finance as well as mergers and acquisitions. Her corporate finance work covers rights issues, convertible bonds and notes issues, warrant issues and share option schemes. In terms of mergers and acquisitions, Marian has advised on a range of domestic and cross-border transactions, strategic alliances, share and business acquisitions and divestitures, as well as corporate restructurings.
Marian advises on fund management and collective investment schemes, in particular offers made by offshore funds in Singapore.
In addition, Marian acts as company secretary for a wide range of corporate secretarial clients, comprising private limited companies, publicly listed companies as well as companies limited by guarantee.
- Confidential client: Acting for a company in the electronics industry listed on the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (SGX-ST) as well as the Mainboard of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (SEHK) in its proposed conversion from a primary listing to a secondary listing on the SGX-ST.
- Fragrance Group Limited: Acting in its establishment of a S$1 billion multi-currency debt issuance program.
- Private company: Acting for an exempt private company in its acquisition of shares in Tiong Woon Oil & Gas Services Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of a SGX-listed company, Tiong Woon Corporation Holding Ltd, which also involved a novation of an intercompany debt, for an aggregate consideration of S$18 million.
- Inventure International: Acting in a fundraising exercise with its related company, Inventure Renewables, and lead investor, Wilmar International, for up to S$12 million.
- Global Experience Specialists Inc: Acting as the Singapore counsel in "Harry Potter TM: The Exhibition" at the ArtScience Museum located at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.
- Naspers Limited: Acting as Singapore counsel for a company listed on the London Stock Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, in the sale of its 49 percent shareholding in one of its subsidiaries, to Tencent Holdings Limited, which is among China's largest internet service portals, and is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The deal is valued at US$26.95 million.
- OM Holdings Limited (OMH): Acting as Singapore counsel in the execution of a convertible note subscription agreement with Hanwa Co Ltd (Hanwa) for the issue of 25 million convertible notes, raising approximately US$21.45 million, and a share subscription agreement to place 25 million shares to Hanwa, raising gross proceeds of approximately AU$9.8 million. The deal is valued at approximately AU$29.77 million.
- Global Experience Specialists, Inc.: Acting as Singapore counsel in "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Exhibition" at the ArtScience Museum located at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore.
- Confidential client: Acted as Singapore counsel for a foreign stock exchange in its global acquisition of the D-Clear Europe Limited group for a confidential purchase consideration.
- Intime Department Store (Group) Company Limited: Acting as Singapore counsel in its issuance of CNY1 billion 4.65% Guaranteed Bonds due 2014.
- Elec & Eltek International Company Limited: Acting in the proposed dual primary listing of the company's shares on the mainboard of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
- Sunpower Group Limited: Acting in the proposed renewal of the Share Buy-Back Mandate.
- German core fund: Acting and leading the transaction in the corporate aspects for a German core fund managed by Morgan Stanley in its sale of 23 units at the Draycott Eight condominium for S$157 million to a fund managed by Alpha Investment Partners, part of the Keppel Land Group. The 23 units are in the same block of the development which comprises three 24-storey blocks with a total of 136 units.
- Lonza Holding Singapore Pte Ltd: Acting in the sale of its cell culture biologic manufacturing facility in Singapore to Genentech Singapore Pte Ltd, a wholly owned member of the Roche Group.
- Elec & Eltek International Company Limited: Acting in the proposed delisting of the Company from the SGX-ST Mainboard.
- Asialaw Profiles: Recognized as a Leading Lawyer for general corporate practice, 2008 and 2010 - 2013
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Recommended Lawyer for Corporate and M&A, 2008/2009
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Recommended Lawyer for Capital Markets, 2015
- Author, "Delisting From SGX," Rodyk Reporter - Business Bulletin, January 2015
- Co-author, "Dual Listings - A Singapore Perspective," Rodyk Reporter - Business Bulletin, March 2011
- Co-author, "Offering Foreign Collective Investment Schemes In Singapore," Rodyk Reporter - Business Bulletin, December 2008
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
- Senior Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2006 - present
- KhattarWong, 1991 - 2006