Foo Maw Jiun is a partner in the Dentons Rodyk Intellectual Property & Technology group.
Maw Jiun's areas of practice encompass worldwide registration of intellectual property, infringement and counterfeiting actions, commercial litigation involving intellectual property, commercialization of intellectual property rights (such as licensing and assignment agreements) and compliance with data protection laws.
Maw Jiun has extensive experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements in relation to IT systems, IT infrastructure projects, data centers, hardware, software development and maintenance.
Maw Jiun's IP litigation experience includes copyright suits, trademark infringements and revocation, patent infringements and breach of confidentiality cases.
- Co-author, "Protection Of Unregistered Marks For Foreign Brand-Owners," IP Edge, October 2015
- Co-author, "Legislation Update - Personal Data Protection Act 2012*," Rodyk Reporter - IP Edge, June 2014
- Co-author, "Singapore Court Upholds Registration Of 'Ku De Ta' Trade Marks," Rodyk Reporter - Litigation Brief, March 2014
- Co-author, "The Importance Of Evidence In Trade Mark Infringement And Passing-off: SUBWAY Versus Subway Niche," Rodyk Reporter - IP Edge, June 2012
- Co-author, "Serving Court Documents Through Facebook And Twitter: The Singapore Position?," Rodyk Reporter - Litigation Brief, December 2009
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner - Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) (2009 – present)