Nadia Stephanie Cardoz is a Partner in Dentons Rodyk's Real Estate practice.
Nadia's practice encompasses a broad range of property-related work. She represents major property developers in their purchase of sites for redevelopment and the subsequent sale of units in their developments (including condominiums, residential developments with a commercial component, and cluster housing) across Singapore. She represents most of the major banks and financial institutions in various financing transactions and in mortgagees' sales. She is experienced in collective sales and sales and purchases on behalf of corporations and individuals. Nadia acts for landlords and tenants in leases of residential and commercial premises, office buildings and shopping malls, such as UOB Plaza, One Marina Boulevard, Valley Point, United Square and Raffles City basement.
In the course of her practice, Nadia deals with properties ranging from condominium units, landed properties, and office units to industrial premises including JTC Corporation land.
Nadia has particular skills with respect to representing and advising various major real estate developers such as Chip Eng Seng (CEL Development), Sim Lian Land, Roxy Homes, Novelty Group, UIC Development, Bukit Sembawang Estates Ltd, Far East Organisation, Guocoland Group and Allgreen Properties. She handles the developers' sale of uncompleted and completed properties (both landed and strata properties).
Nadia has in-depth experience dealing with various regulatory authorities, including the Controller of Housing and Land Dealings (Approval) Unit in applying for the Housing Developer's License and Qualifying Certificate. She advises developers and management corporations on issues and procedures in connection with the Housing and Developers (Control and Licensing) Act, the Land Titles (Strata) Act and the Building Maintenance and Strata Management Act.
Recent transactions of significance in which Nadia has been involved include acting for Renewable Energy Corporation (REC) in the negotiation and finalization of the terms of its lease of land from Jurong Town Corporation for its investment project worth several billion dollars.
Nadia assisted in the Farrer Court collective sale with a transaction value of about S$1.3 billion.
- RL Central Pte Ltd: Acting for a wholly owned subsidiary of listed developer Roxy Pacific Holdings Ltd, in the collective purchase of Mackenzie Mansion, a residential development located next to The Istana. The collective purchase price is approximately S$24.6 million. The purchase is subject to an order for sale from the Strata Titles Board or the High Court.
- Joint venture company: Acting for a joint venture company (comprising United Engineers, Greathearth and Lee Metals) led by the former in the project sale of Austville Residences, a 540-unit executive condominium located at Sengkang East Avenue. This will be the first executive condominium in Singapore to have a theme design.
- Roxy Pacific Holdings Ltd: Acting in the proposed sale of a mixed residential and commercial development at Kovan known as Space @ Kovan. There will be 140 residential and 56 commercial units.
- Tuan Sing Limited: Acting for a wholly owned subsidiary of listed developer in their successful tender acquisition of Serene House, off Cluny Park Road, for a price of S$99.1 million. This is a collective purchase of the 24-unit Serene House, which is subject to the approval of the Strata Titles Board. Together with an adjoining plot of state land which the buyer intends to acquire, the proposed site should be around 49,000 sq. ft. Tuan Sing's offer exceeded that of six other parties.
- Tuas Technology Park Pte Ltd and Orchard Parade Holdings Ltd: Acting in purchase of two adjoining sites at 7 Bassein Road and 11 Bassein Road for a collective purchase price of S$122 million. The development at 7 Bassein Road is a 50-unit condominium known as Pastoral View. The purchase is subject to an order for sale to be obtained by the Strata Titles Board or the High Court for the collective sale of the Pastoral View development.
- Sim Lian Land: Acting for Sim Lian Land which tendered successfully in March 2010 for a government land sales site at the junction of Tampines Ave 1 and Ave 10. Sim Lian's successful bid of S$302 million works out to S$420 per sq. ft. per plot ratio and was chosen over seven other competitors to secure this 99-year leasehold site next to the Bedok Reservoir. Sim Lian has set up a wholly owned subsidiary to develop this site into a proposed residential condominium of more than 650 units.
- Development owners: Acted for the owners of Farrer Court in the sale of the 618-unit development to Morganite Pte Ltd, a consortium comprising CapitaLand, Hotel Properties and Wachovia Development Corporation, for S$1.3388 billion.
- CEL-Development (a subsidiary of Chip Eng Seng): Acting in a joint venture with Lehman Brothers in the project development work for their project called The Parc Condominium, which has 659 units and was fully sold out soon after its launch.
- Bukit Sembawang View Pte Ltd: Acting in the development sales of Parc Mondrian, a 17-storey condominium at Woodleigh Close.
- Multiple owners: Acting in the collective sale of the 45-unit Parry Gardens for a purchase price of S$36 million.
- Multiple owners:> Acting in the collective sale of the 32-unit Boon Teck Heights for a purchase price of S$22.88 million.
- Multiple owners: Acting in the collective sale of the 56-unit Seabreeze Apartments for a purchase price of S$53.76 million.
- Multiple owners: Acting for 168-unit owners of Amberville in the first ever collective sale of old HUDC flats.
- Novelty Group: Acting in the collective purchase of the 24-unit Suffolk Apartments for S$26.5 million.
- Novelty Group: Acting in the collective purchase of the 50-unit Eng Tai Mansion for S$76.5 million.
- Asia Pacific Legal 500: Recognized lawyer, 2013
- Co-author, "Project Account Withdrawals - The Purposive Interpretation," Rodyk Reporter - Property Notes, March 2009
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2006 - present
- KhattarWong, 2000 - 2006