Seow Hwei's practice is in civil and commercial litigation. In her medical litigation and insurance portfolio, Seow Hwei advises and represents medical practitioners, hospitals, medical defense organizations and insurance companies. She also represents medical practitioners in disciplinary proceedings. Seow Hwei's work in this field also includes non-contentious work, such as advisory and drafting work in relation to insurance contractual documentation and advisory on procedural and regulatory aspects.
She has also handled employment-related disputes, aviation-related claims, insolvency matters, contractual disputes, landlord and tenant disputes, and building and construction matters.
- Confidential Client: Acting for a doctor who successfully appealed the Singapore Medical Council’s verdict that he was guilty of professional misconduct.
- Confidential Client: Successfully defending a doctor in a medical malpractice civil suit where the plaintiff was seeking damages in excess of S$2 million.
- Confidential Client: Successfully defending an orthopaedic surgeon in a medical malpractice civil suit.
- Various doctors and hospitals: Acting in claims and litigation relating to medical malpractice, including disciplinary proceedings.
- More than 20 creditor banks: Acting in the restructuring (scheme of arrangement) of a SGX-listed company.
- Fund management company: Acting in a claim in the High Court for civil penalties by a regulatory authority for alleged market manipulation.
- Foreign airline: Acting in an international arbitration involving a contractual dispute on information technology deliverables.
- Confidential client: Acting in a High Court case for a specialist cladding sub-contractor in relation to a suit by the owner against the main contractor for defective works.
- Various developers: Acting in relation to en-bloc sales, including filing an urgent application for interim injunction to stop an en-bloc sale, and hearings before the Strata Title Board.
- Confidential Client: Acting in a High Court claim against a racing car distributor for the return of two racing cars.
- Leading Asian commercial airline: Acting in claims and litigation brought by crew members in a major loss case.
- Co-author, "The Singapore Medical Council Disciplinary Process - A Study Of A Recent Case", Rodyk Reporter - Litigation Brief, July 2015
Activities and Affiliations
- Seminar for Parkway Hospitals Clinical Safety and Risk Management (CSRM) Department, 22 July 2015
- Talk On Motor Accident Claims, July 31, 2009
- Litigation Talk: Overview Of Civil Litigation Procedure, December 1, 2006
- Rights, Options And Procedure In Recovering Rent - What You Need To Know, November 2, 2006
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) (2005 - present)
- Hoh Law Corporation (2004 - 2005)