Shijie Tan is a partner in our Real Estate practice. Her experience encompasses real estate acquisitions and divestments, real estate financing, en bloc purchase of strata titled developments, property developments and landlord and tenant transactions.
She acts for institutional clients including listed real estate developers, multinational corporations, property funds, asset managers and real estate investment trusts, handling real estate acquisitions, financing, development, leasing and divestment transactions.
In her leasing practice, Shijie acts for landlords in the full spectrum of services from managing leases and licenses documentation, leasing of office towers to general advisory services. She also acts for tenants.
- SingXpress Kaylim Pte Ltd: Acting in connection with a joint venture company comprising SingXpress Pasir Ris Pte Ltd (a subsidiary of listed company SingXpress Land Ltd) and Kay Lim Holdings, in its successful acquisition of land at Pasir Ris Central/Pasir Ris Drive 1. The acquired site is likely to be the last site released by HDB to private developers to develop and sell public housing under the Design, Build and Sell Scheme. SingXpress Kaylim's successful bid for this 103-year leasehold site of 16,388 square meters was S$123.9 million.
- Developer: Acting in the acquisition of two sites situated at Pioneer area for industrial development and currently acting in the sale of the units in its industrial developments known as Pioneer Junction and Pioneer Point.
- Overseas Union Enterprise Ltd (OUE): Acting in its acquisition of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport from LaSalle Asia Opportunity II SARL and LC Hotels Pte Ltd for S$299.5 million. The purchase of the 320-room hotel next to Changi Airport's Terminal 3 was structured as a corporate real estate transaction.
- Confidential client: Advising on the real estate aspects of the refinancing of 78 Shenton Way where Inders Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale and UOB granted a S$250.5 million facility.
- Far East Organization: Acting in the acquisition of Henry Park Apartments at Holland Grove Road. This was the largest en bloc acquisition in year 2011. The sale is subject to the approval of the Strata Titles Board/High Court.
- Confidential client: Advising on the real estate aspects of the financing of the acquisition of One George Street, Singapore in which a syndicated S$650 million term loan facility was extended to HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Limited in its capacity as trustee of the real estate investment trust known as the CapitaCommercial Trust.
- The seller, Lion City Hotel Properties Pte Ltd: Acting in the sale of the Lion City Hotel and the adjoining former Hollywood Theatre site for S$313 million. The unit land price for the Tanjong Katong-Geylang Road area properties, with a total freehold land area of 147,909 square feet, works out to S$779 per square foot of potential gross floor area. Based on the current allowable development options, the property may be redeveloped into a commercial cum residential complex.
- Listed company Overseas Union Enterprise: Acting in its S$870.5 million purchase of DBS Tower One and Two from a Goldman Sachs real estate fund, the largest commercial property deal in Singapore this year and possibly since 2008.
- Auric Pacific: Acting in the S$99.02 million sale of One Phillip Street to UK-based New Star International Property Fund.
- MGPA: Acting in the acquisition of two white sites at Marina Bay area that have been developed into new office towers, Asia Square Tower 1 and upcoming Asia Square Tower 2, comprising a five-star hotel.
- The lenders National Australia Bank Limited and Commonwealth Bank of Australia: Acting in a S$128.8 million secured term loan to finance MI-REIT's acquisition of an initial portfolio of 12 industrial properties and future acquisitions.
- Ho Bee Development: Acting in the purchase of 30 units in Samsung Hub at S$134.3 million and also advised on building regulatory issues such as latent defects in office buildings.
Activities and Affiliations
- The Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2006–present