Ho Soo Lih is a Partner in the Dentons Rodyk Real Estate group.
Soo Lih's focus has been in real estate transactions since he started legal practice. He has advised companies (both publicly listed and private, local and international), financial institutions, developers and individuals in transactions ranging from land tender, joint ventures, share sale and purchase, real estate investment trust and collective sales, and purchases relating to acquisition and disposition of real estate and leases (both commercial and residential).
As a secondary focus, Soo Lih has advised on regulatory, compliance, banking and financing issues arising from these transactions and has dealt with competent authorities such as the Singapore Exchange (SGX), Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Jurong Town Corporation (JTC), Housing Development Board (HDB) and Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA). Soo Lih has also assisted clients as their instructing counsel in their acquisition and disposition of properties in countries like Malaysia, Australia, China and South Korea.
- Confidential client: Acting for the world's largest provider of flexible workspaces/business suites/offices in its acquisition of business assets (predominantly leases) from other vendors/competitors. Also advising and assisting in negotiating the signing of such leases with major landlords in Singapore from time to time.
- Major Singapore bank: Acting in a financing deal, in excess of S$60 million, to be secured by a mortgage of two industrial properties and charged over plant and machinery, corporate guarantee, deed of debenture and legal assignment of contracts.
- Purchasers: Acting in the purchase of all the issued shares in an investment holding company of a residential property in Singapore.
- Singapore listed company: Acting in its S$72.3 million sale and leaseback of its industrial premises to RBC Dexia Trust Services Singapore Limited, in its capacity as trustee of Cambridge Industrial Trust, including the drafting of the announcements and circular to shareholders.
- Private health care provider: Acting in the lease of 30 hospital beds by the largest private health care provider in Singapore to Changi General Hospital, a public hospital under MOH Holdings Pte Ltd, the holding company of Singapore's public health care assets, in a collaboration between a private and public hospital in Singapore.
- Local company: Acting in its S$32 million sale and leaseback of an HDB industrial property to HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Limited as trustee of Sabana Shari'ah Compliant Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Local company: Acting in the purchase and mortgage of an industrial property in excess of S$8 million and structuring the sublease to comply with JTC's subletting rules.
- Local company: Acting in its S$28 million sale and leaseback of a JTC industrial property to HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Limited as trustee of Sabana Shari'ah Compliant Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Local company: Acting in its S$24.5 million sale and leaseback of an industrial property to HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Limited as trustee of Mapletree Logistics Trust, which was completed within three weeks from signing.
- Confidential client: Acting in the collective purchase of Serangoon Apartments for S$17.5 million.
- Hong Kong listed company: Acting in its joint venture with a local port authority, involving among others, a long-term lease of a Singapore shipping berth, a first in Singapore.
- Singapore listed company: Acting in its acquisition of two companies and land in Australia for AU$13.6 million.
- Confidential client: Acting in the en bloc collective sale of Kim Tian Plaza, a mixed residential and commercial development, for S$44.7 million.
- Singapore listed company: Acting in its S$480 million sale of commercial and retail units in a shopping cum office complex to a property fund.
- Singapore listed company: Acting in its acquisition of shipyards in Xiamen, Nantong, Guangdong, Dalian, Shanghai and Zhoushan.
- Asia Pacific Legal 500: Recognized lawyer, 2014
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, The Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2012 - present
- Colin Ng & Partners LLP, 2009 - 2012
- Parkway Holdings Limited, 2007 - 2009
- Chang See Hiang & Partners, 1997 - 2006
- Khattar Wong & Partners, 1994 - 1997