Woon Ee Tang is a senior partner in Real Estate practice. She concentrates on real estate transactions and securities as well as private client services such as wealth management and asset protection. Her practice cuts across all aspects of real estate work including collective sales, leasing, securitisation, acquisition and disposal of properties by way of tender, auction and private treaty, mortgage financing and project development. She also advises high net worth individuals on their real estate matters, asset protection, estate and succession planning, wealth management and trusts, and drafting and advising on the terms of relevant documents.
Since 1996, Woon Ee has represented property owners in numerous collective sale projects including applications to Strata Titles Board. She was consulted by Ministry of Law in 2007 and 2009 when the Ministry was considering changes to the laws governing the collective sale process. The deals she has handled include Sunshine Apartment, Prospect Mansion, landed houses in Cairnhill Circle, Lengkok Angsa, Minbu Road, Mangis Park, Irrawaddy Road and Martaban Road, Calrose Gardens, Maryland Point, Oasis Garden, Fernhill Place, Hilton Towers, Jin Fu Apartment, Amber Lodge, Flamingo Valley, Hilltops Apartments, Hillcourt Apartments, Clemenceau Court, Farrer Court, Changi Complex, Chong Kim Apartments, Grand Tower and Braddell Park.
Woon Ee has also advised developers in their land acquisitions and their sale of development projects and land, building owners in their disposals of vacant land, commercial buildings and JTC properties, investors in their acquisitions of commercial buildings with ongoing licences and leases, and financial institutions in mortgage financing arrangements and mortgagee sales.
Woon Ee has advised on legal issues relating to other types of property transactions including building and retail mall leasing and management, and commercial and residential leases within and outside Singapore (China and India). Her clients include retail and institutional clients, multinational corporations, statutory boards, food and beverage chains and embassies. She handles subleases and leases for offices, retail malls, factories, restaurants, food courts, JTC properties, industrial properties, serviced apartments and residential properties.
In terms of securitisation, she has advised the manager in the documentation and negotiation of the securitisation of a retail mall and on related issues regarding the management and leasing of the mall.
Woon Ee has conducted seminars and courses for professional bodies and financial institutions in her areas of specialty.
- Owners of Farrer Court: Acting on the sale of the 618-unit development to Morganite Pte Ltd, a consortium comprising CapitaLand, Hotel Properties and Wachovia Development Corporation, for S$1.3388 billion. Today this remains Singapore's largest collective sale transaction.
- Owners of Fairways Condominium: Acting on the development's collective sale to Bukit Sembawang View Pte Ltd for S$244.3 million.
- Owners of Hillcourt at Cairnhill Road: Acting on the collective sale of the development to Sing Holdings for S$361 million.
- Fragrance Regal Pte Ltd: Acting in the acquisition of NOL Building, located at 456 Alexandra Road, for the purchase consideration of S$380 million with a master lease.
- Bayfront Ventures Pte Ltd: Acting in the acquisition of Keypoint, located at 371 Beach Road, Singapore at S$360 million with existing leases.
- Hotel Culture Pte Ltd: Acting on the S$20 million acquisition and financing of three properties totalling 21,399 square feet on Mosque Street that will be converted into a 92-room combined hotel, lifestyle and wellness center. Hotel Culture Pte Ltd is a joint venture between wellness provider Mary Chia and businessman Lee Boon Leng.
- Blakes Hotel Pte Ltd: Acting on the real estate aspects (including leases) of the acquisition of the shares of the company holding Murray Terrace, for a consideration price of approximately S$75 million
- A bank: Acting in the financing of Fiesta Development Pte Ltd, the owner of Bay Hotel for a loan
- Fragrance Group: Advising on real estate aspects in its inaugural issue of notes and perpetual securities under its S$1 billion multicurrency debt issuance programme (the Programme). DBS Bank Ltd is the sole arranger and dealer of the Programme. Also acted for the company in its establishment of the Programme in October 2013m of S$120 million.
- A bank: Acting in the financing of World Class Land Pte Ltd a subsidiary of listed Aspial Corporation Limited, in its acquisition and development of a government land sale site at Faber Walk. The total facilities granted was S$143 million.
- Various educational institutions: Acting for Singapore Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic, Nanyang Polytechnic and Ngee Ann Polytechnic on land related issues and leases of the Singapore Institute of Technology ("SIT") buildings on the respective premises of the Polytechnics, as a result of the collaborations between the respective polytechnics and SIT.
- Redmart: Advising on the real estate matters in the raising of S$5.4 million bridge round from various investors including Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin, PropertyGuru founders Steve Melhuish and Jani Rautianen, JFDI co-founder Meng Weng Wong, restaurateur Wee Teng Wen, and Lion Rock Capital. The investment, a precursor to a larger Series B round within five months, will be spent on fulfilment technology and infrastructure.
- Asialaw Profiles: Leading Lawyer for Construction & Real Estate in Singapore, 2014
- Author, "Time to Calibrate The Additional Buyer's Stamp Duty?", Rodyk Reporter - Property Notes, October 2015
- Author, "Legislation Update - Land Acquisition Act", Rodyk Reporter - Property Notes, January 2015
- Author, "Singapore High Court Rejects Developer's Claim For Damages For Delay In Issuing Certificate Of Statutory Completion", Rodyk Reporter - Property Notes, September 2014
- Author, "The Collective Sale Saga Continues - An Episode On Incentive Payments", Rodyk Reporter - Property Notes, June 2013
- Author, "Court Of Appeal Defines Duty Of Purchaser To Sellers In A Collective Sale", Rodyk Reporter - Property Notes, December 2009
Activities and Affiliations
- The Conveyancing Process: Step By Step Legal Guide, May 15, 2010
- The Issues Facing Mortgages, March 19, 2009
- Real Estate Conveyancing Process, March 13, 2009
Prior and Present Employment
- Senior Partner - Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) (1996 - present)
- CS Teng & Chua (1994 - 1996)
- Shook Lin & Bok (1993 - 1994)