Yee Siong Tan is a partner in our Litigation and Dispute Resolution and Arbitration practice groups. His main areas of practice encompass civil and commercial litigation, banking and insolvency, and building and construction disputes.
Yee Siong has experience in a wide scope of civil and commercial cases, including banking, debt restructuring, negligence, construction and engineering, sale of goods, shareholder and partnership disputes, insolvency, and contractual disputes such as restraint of trade clauses. Yee Siong also deals with drafting of construction related contracts and is familiar with standard form construction contracts.
Yee Siong is also experienced in the construction adjudication process under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act. He has acted for owners, developers, consultants, and contractors in adjudication applications.
- Foreign companies: Acting in relation to disputes on the supply as well as the sale of goods in the High Court.
- The main contractor: Acting in the successful defence of a payment claim of over S$3 million in a construction adjudication.
- Confidential client: Advising on claims against the main contractor concerning allegations of negligence in the building and construction of a project.
- The owner/developer: Advising in the review of standard form agreements for a remodeling project for a hospital.
- An individual concerning claims: Representing of over S$30 million in a personal insolvency matter.
Activities and Affiliations
- Seminar on Construction Contract Administration & Management, March 14, 2013
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) (2008 - present)
- Wong Partnership LLP (2008 - 2011)
- Rajah & Tann LLP (2005 - 2008)