Lee Yin Wei is a Partner in the Dentons Rodyk Finance group.
Yin Wei's practice focuses on real estate finance and she represents corporate and individual clients in a broad range of real estate transactions. These include the sale, purchase, mortgage and charge of residential, commercial and industrial properties, sale and purchase transactions with leaseback options as well as the sale of shares in the real estate holding company.
She is particularly experienced with real estate transactions involving real estate investment trusts (REITs). Her experience includes acting for the managers and trustees of REITs in their purchase and leaseback of industrial properties. She represents corporate clients in the sale and leaseback of their properties to real estate investment trusts. Yin Wei also represents financial institutions in the financing of purchases of industrial properties by REITs as well as the securitization of such properties.
Yin Wei's banking and finance experience includes representing both lenders and borrowers in numerous loan transactions involving security being created over real estate, real estate project assets and other movable assets. She is familiar with various types of loan and security documentation including mortgages, debentures, assignments, charges, guarantees and indemnities and deeds of subordination.
Yin Wei was a member of the Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) team representing ABN AMRO, the arranger, in a securities-backed debt funding program valued at S$400 million to Cambridge Industrial Trust (CIT). The deal involved a warehouse facility. Prior to that, she was part of the Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) team acting for ABN AMRO in a bridge loan for CIT's SGX listing.
As part of a Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP) team, she represented Standard Merchant Bank (Asia) Limited in a receivables backed securitization program valued at US$346 million.
She acted for the REIT manager, Mapletree Logistics Trust Management Ltd, and the trustee of Mapletree Logistics Trust, HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Ltd, in the acquisition and leaseback of several properties valued at more than S$10 million each.
- REIT manager, Mapletree Logistics Trust Management Ltd, and the trustee of Mapletree Logistics Trust, HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Ltd: Acting in the acquisition and leaseback of:
- 30 Woodlands Loop Singapore for S$10.288 million
- 521 Bukit Batok Street 23 Singapore for S$25.398 million
- 1 Genting Lane Singapore for S$10.98 million
- 134 Joo Seng Road Singapore for S$10.68 million
- 30 Tuas South Avenue 8 Singapore, 149 Neythal Road Singapore, 8 Tuas View Square Singapore and 31/33 Pioneer Road North Singapore for S$36.8 million in aggregate
- 76 Pioneer Road for S$40 million
- 10 Tuas Avenue 13 for S$15.2 million
- Goldin Enterprise Pte Ltd.: Acting in a S$22.5 million put and call option agreement for A-Reit's acquisition and leaseback of a logistic and distribution centre building which is under construction.
- ABN AMRO Bank, N.V.: Acting in the bridge loan of S$400 million to Cambridge Industrial Trust, secured initially by (among others) 27 industrial properties in Singapore.
- Co-author, "Is The Future Of Guarantees Guaranteed?," Rodyk Reporter - Business Bulletin, April 2015
- Co-author, "The Bank's Duty Of Care And Investment Advice," Rodyk Reporter - Business Bulletin, June 2011
- Author, "The Importance Of Document Verification For Banking Transactions," Rodyk Reporter - Business Bulletin, December 2009
Activities and Affiliations
- Real Estate Mortgage Process, April 25, 2011
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2005 - present
- Yeo-Leong & Peh LLC, 2005
- Chang See Hiang & Partners, 2004 - 2005
- KhattarWong, 2002 - 2004