Yun Hui is a partner in our Finance practice. Yun Hui represents local and multinational clients in a broad range of banking, financing and security matters. Her main practice area covers all major aspects of acquisition and asset related financing, with special focus on corporate banking, enterprise banking and real estate financing.
Yun Hui regularly advises banks, financial institutions and corporate borrowers on club deals, syndicated loans, transferable loans and multi-currency transactions (many involving cross border participants). She also advises on banking and other financial laws and regulations.
Yun Hui is experienced in loan and security documentation relating to both residential, commercial and industrial real estate projects, including properties under JTC Corporation, landed housing and condominiums, mixed residential and commercial developments, executive condominiums (EC) and HDB flats under the design, build and sell scheme (DBSS). In her course of practice, she has worked with major banks and financial institutions as well as major real estate developers.
Yun Hui was part of the team who acted for the syndicate of lenders on their financing and subsequent refinancing to Suntec Real Estate Investment Trust secured by Suntec City Mall and also acted for the arrangers, on the credit facilities secured by Jurong Point Shopping Centre 2. She was also part of the Rodyk team who acted for various banks in their financing relating to the acquisition and development of numerous large scale projects such as shopping mall nex at Serangoon Central, the EC known as Trilliant developed by the Sim Lian group, the DBSS known as Trivelis developed by EL Development Pte Ltd and the hotel developments known as Oasia Hotel and East Village Hotel (former Paramount Hotel) developed by the Far East Organization group.
In addition, Yun Hui has also recently advised Sembmarine Kakinada Limited, a joint venture between Sembawang Shipyard Pte Ltd and Kakinada Seaports Limited, in relation to its financing of the construction of an integrated marine and offshore facility in Kakinada, on the east coast of India, one of the world's key oil and gas exploration areas.
- Maybank: Acting in the S$109.9 million term loan facilities granted to refinance the existing loans in relation to a residential project at Leonie Hill.
- Arrangers: Acting in the S$223 million term loan facility granted to a joint venture vehicle secured by Jurong Point Shopping Centre 2.
- UOB Ltd: Acting in the S$102.1 million loan facilities to finance the purchase of Anson House.
- Local bank: Acting in the S$146.5 million credit facilities granted in relation to the acquisition of a land parcel at Ang Mo Kio Street 62 and development into a 15-story multi-user industrial development.
- Maybank: Acting in the S$252.6 million credit facilities granted in relation to the acquisition of the land parcel at Clementi Avenue 4 and construction of HDB flats under the Design, Build and Sell Scheme.
- Syndicate of nine banks: Acting in the grant of S$700 million term loan facilities to HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Ltd as trustee of Suntec REIT to refinance its existing loans, secured against Suntec City Mall.
- DBS Bank Ltd.: Acting for the client in the S$213.9 million banking facilities in relation to the development of an executive condominium in Punggol.
- Borrower: Acting for an entity related to SEB Asset Management, in financing its acquisition of SIA Building at 77 Robinson Road, Singapore.
- MGP Raffle Pte Ltd: Acting in its syndicated S$624 million term loan facilities arranged by OCBC to refinance its existing loans secured against 8 Shenton Way, Singapore.
- OCBC, DBS and UOB: Acting in the grant of S$480.5 million bridge facility to a special purpose vehicle of Asiamalls to finance its acquisition and development of nex, a seven-story retail complex located at Serangoon Central.
- Author, "Banking Secrecy In Singapore," Rodyk Reporter - Business Bulletin, September 2014
Activities and Affiliations
- The Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
Prior and Present Employment
- Partner, Dentons Rodyk (formerly Rodyk & Davidson LLP), 2007–present